After months of planning and preparation, we’re excited to announce the launch of the Lindau Alumni Network! The Lindau Alumni Network is the exclusive online community for alumni of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. A digital space to keep the “Lindau Spirit” alive!
Log In for 2017 Young Scientists
Young scientists attending the 67th Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting were the first group of alumni to get access to the online community. In order to foster online interaction prior to this year’s meetings, access to the Lindau Alumni Network is already open for #LiNoEcon participants. #LiNo17 young scientists and #LiNoEcon young economists can log in to the Lindau Alumni Network with the username and password for the online profile used throughout the application process (‘NAPERS’). All other alumni will be contacted as soon as their access is cleared, too.
Here are the features that wait for you in the Lindau Alumni Network:
- Search the alumni directory for fellow scientists: Using advanced search operators including name, home institution, home country, alma mater, work group, year of the attended meeting and more. As the Lindau Alumni Network grows, so will the search directory.
- Expand the personal profile: A personal profile page is created for every alumnus or alumna based on their submitted data from the application process. Every Lindau Alumni Network user has control over the information that is shared, and can add details on, e.g., research interests or personal background. More detailed profiles make it easier for fellow alumni to find one another.
- Exchange ideas: The Lindau Alumni Network offers a number of ways to exchange ideas, plans and anecdotes with others. The „Activity“ stream offers a timeline similar to that of popular social networks, with options to easily share interesting links, fascinating videos and evocative images. The “Docs” feature creates a forum for more detailed discussion by giving the members of the Lindau Alumni Network the option to create or upload longer documents like whitepapers.
- Organise with other alumni: Users can create or join groups and this way organise with fellow alumni around shared interests and experiences. Groups administered by the alumni and communications team are a unique way to stay up-to-date with all things revolving around the Lindau Meetings.
- Find alumni events: The Lindau Alumni Network is the place to find announcements and invitations for local and global Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings alumni events.
- Peruse the job board: The Lindau Alumni Network includes a job board that will be updated with select, high quality job offers. The job board offers a space to find qualified, skilled employees and partners who are already part of a select group: The Lindau Alumni.
Users can find more detailed information on how to use these features within the Lindau Alumni Network. For any questions or suggestions regarding the Lindau Alumni Network and other alumni activities, please contact Christoph Schumacher, the Alumni and Community Manager.