Two years ago, we launched the Lindau Alumni Network. The Lindau Alumni Network is the exclusive online community for former young scientist participants of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. After two year’s of interactions and a re-launch, thousands of Lindau Alumni have access to this digital space to keep the ‘Lindau Spirit’ alive.
Login for Lindau Alumni and 2019 Young Scientists
All Lindau Alumni of the 2013–2018 meetings have a profile in the online community and have received an invitation to join. In order to foster online interaction prior to this year’s meeting, access to the Lindau Alumni Network is already open for #LINO19 participants. They can login by activating their profile by clicking on the link in their invitation email. Other Lindau Alumni can now easily request an invitation to join the community on the public login page.
Features of the Lindau Alumni Network
The Lindau Alumni Network still has all the core features, some were considerably expanded. Here are some of the improved features that wait for you in the Lindau Alumni Network:
- Search the alumni directory for fellow scientists: A world map gives you a quick overview of Lindau Alumni near you. Use search operators including name, home institution, home country, alma mater, work group, year of the attended meeting and more. As the Lindau Alumni Network grows, so will the search directory.
- Find alumni events: The Lindau Alumni Network is the place to find announcements and invitations for local and global Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings alumni events. In the new Lindau Alumni Network, it is easier for Lindau Alumni to create and promote their own events like the upcoming Lindau Alumni Retreat in Germany! The trips feature lets alumni easily inform others about their upcoming travel, making informal meet ups easier to organise.
- Expanded personal profile: A personal profile page is created for every alumnus or alumna based on their submitted data from the application process. Every Lindau Alumni Network user has control over the information that is shared, and can add details on, e.g., research interests or personal background. Users can also add information to their profile by importing their LinkedIn or Xing profile.
- Exchange ideas: The Lindau Alumni Network offers a number of ways to exchange ideas, plans and anecdotes with others. A news section includes exclusive blog articles and interviews with Lindau Alumni. The Activity Stream offers a timeline similar to that of popular social networks, with options to easily share interesting links, fascinating videos and evocative images.
- Organise with other alumni: Users can create or join groups and this way organise with fellow alumni around shared interests and experiences. Groups administered by the alumni and communications team are a unique way to stay up-to-date with all things revolving around the Lindau Meetings.
- Peruse the job and calls board: The Lindau Alumni Network includes a job board that will be updated with select, high quality job offers and calls for papers and nominations to conference. The job board offers a space to find qualified, skilled employees and partners who are already part of a select group: The Lindau Alumni.
Users can find more information on how to use these features within the Lindau Alumni Network. For any questions or suggestions regarding the Lindau Alumni Network and other alumni activities, please contact Christoph Schumacher, the Alumni and Community Manager.